Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sorry I am a lazy ass.....


Many of you have been contacting me wondering how the project is coming along.

I purchased this boat keeping in mind that I had a very busy summer ahead of me. I really wanted this to just be a Fall/Winter/Spring project. Any work that has been done up to this point is really icing on the cake. I have done what I believe to be a fair assessment as to the condition of the boat. I have around 10 people who are volunteering themselves to help get the boat in good shape so when I factor the man hours that I estimated (300) multiplied by the Martincic Coefficient (2). Basically 600 hours. With 10 people it is 60 hours each or 5 full Saturdays per person. The winter in Chicago is long.

I am getting married in 15 days up on Mackinac Island. I will be competing in the Race to Mackinac on a Concordia 47 called Big Country. After this is said and done I will be heading to Sint. Maarten for the honeymoon.

The picture above is of me and my little lady along with best man Tim Shambrook doing the Mac last year on the Farr 40, Gravitas.

Once the rebuilding resumes I will be back to blogging after each stage.

No comments: